WebSphere Commerce Feature pack installation
WebSphere Commerce Feature pack installation is a straight forward job. Follow the below steps for installation of Feature packs in your machine. In order to install feature packs our WCS installation needs to be in some desired fix level. So the first thing is to apply the required fix levels in our WC installation.
We need WebSphere Commerce Update installer for installing WCS fix packs. So follow the below steps to install WebSphere Commerce update installer.
1. Download WebSphere Commerce Update installer from location
2. Extract the contents and double click on install.exe and follow onscreen instructions. Please make sure that there is no space in your directory structure.
Too simple? Yeah we are done with the installation of WCS update installer. Now let us apply the fix packs to make our WCS installation to the required level.
3. Download the latest WCS fix pack from http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3046&uid=swg21246009. I have downloaded fix pack 9 (6.0.0-WS-WCDeveloper-FP009.pak) from here.
4. Save the fix pack to %WCS_UPDATE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY%/maintenance directory.
5. Open WebSphere Commerce update installer.(Just double click on the update.bat from %WCS_UPDATE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY% )
6. Specify the WebSphere Commerce Developer installation directory, and click next.
7. Select Install Maintenance Package. Click Next.
8. Select the %WCS_UPDATE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY%/maintenance directory and click next.
9. Select the 6.0.0-WS-WCDeveloper-FP009.pak file and click next.
10. You are prompted to update the database. Select Yes to update your database automatically.
11. On the summary page, review the information and click Next.
12. Fix pack installation begin and the final screen will be displayed with a success message on the screen. If it failed please check the log files for trouble shooting. Click on Finish from this screen
13. Download the WebSphere Commerce feature pack package and extract to a temporary location
14. Double click on install.bat. The installation wizard opens. Click on Next
15. Accept the license agreement. Click on Next
16. Production selection page opens. Select the location where you have installed WebSphere Commerce Developer on this page. Click On Next
17. Installation summary page will be displayed. Click on Next
18. Click on Finish in installation result page
We have successfully installed the WCS feature pack in our machine.