WebSphere Commerce Developer Enterprise 6.0 installation – Part 1
WebSphere Commerce Developer is an application that is running on top of Rapid Application Developer 220.127.116.11. The primary requirement for WebSphere Commerce Developer Enterprise installation is RAD 18.104.22.168. If your RAD is an older version, then you need to upgrade your Rapid Application Developer version to 22.214.171.124. Upgrading RAD to version 126.96.36.199 is very easy. Download the packages from http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24010926. This page offers two downloads one is to upgrade the Rational Product Updater and another is to upgrade RAD to fix level 188.8.131.52. Follow the instructions mentioned in http://www3.software.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/rationalsdp/rad/60/install_instruction/6011/install.html for upgrading Rational Product Updater and Rational Application Developer. (Don’t ask me what if you have higher version of RAD installed? I don’t know what needs to be done for that. For me my RAD version was below 184.108.40.206 and I followed all the above procedures. )
Upgrading WAS Test Client. Installing WAS Fix packs.
Once we have RAD 220.127.116.11, we need a WebSphere Application Server Test Environment version 6.0 updated to a minimum of WAS 18.104.22.168 level. To upgrade WAS 6.0.0 to 22.214.171.124 level, we need to apply three different fix packs. Download WAS Refresh Pack 2 from http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&uid=swg24009813. The second fix pack we need to download is WAS 6.0.2 Fix pack 3 which is available at http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&uid=swg24010724. Finally we need to have WAS 6.0.2 Fix Pack 5, available at http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&uid=swg24011099, to upgrade our WAS Test Environment version to 126.96.36.199.
Once we have our Fix packs downloaded, follow the following steps to install the above Fix packs.
1. Open your command prompt.
2. Navigate to your AppServer’s bin directory. If you have installed RAD to C:\RAD directory, your AppServer bin directory will be C:\RAD\runtimes\base_v6\bin.
3. Execute the command setupCmdLine.bat. This command sets all the required environment variables.
4. Extract the contents of WAS Refresh Pack 2 zip file. (Most probably the zip file name will be 6.0-WS-WAS-WinX32-RP0000002.zip).
5. Copy the contents of ‘updateinstaller’ directory to appserver root directory.
6. Navigate to this updateinstaller directory from your command prompt.
7. Execute the command update.exe. This will start the update installer wizard for WAS refresh pack 2.
8. Click on Next and from the page appeared, point to your AppServer root directory.
9. Click on Next. The page would ask us to select the maintenance operation. Select ‘Install maintenence package’ as the choice.
10. Click on Next. This window will ask us to select the location of maintenance package that we are installing. If we follow all the above steps without fail, it will populate the correct maintenance package location by default. If not the maintenance package will be inside updateinstaller\maintenance directory.
11. Click on Next. This will show you the pre installation summary.
12. Now click on Next. This will start the installation of WAS refresh pack 2.
13. Once the installation is over. We will be presented a screen confirming the installation.
14. Now click on Relaunch button.
15. Follow all the steps from 8 to 13. This wizard will install maintenance package RP6020 for WAS test client.
16. Once the wizard completes the installation exit the wizard by clicking on Finish button.
17. Now our WAS Test client will have 188.8.131.52 as its version.
18. Delete the updateinstaller directory from AppServer root directory.
19. Repeat steps 4 to 18 for installing the refresh pack 3 and 5.
Once you have installed all the required fixes, the WAS Test Client will be upgraded to version 184.108.40.206, the minimum required version for WCS installation. I will cover the installation of WebSphere Commerce Developer Enterprise 6.0. in the next post.